Senior Research Enterprises Officer. at Kenya Dairy Board,
Senior Research Enterprises Officer. at Kenya Dairy Board
Kenya Dairy Board (KDB) is a state corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries established through an Act of Parliament, CAP 336 of the Laws of Kenya. Dairy farming and marketing of dairy products in Kenya goes way back to 1900 when it was in the hands of the colonial settlers. As Africans exerted pressure to have a share in dairy activities at that time, there was need to expand the sector and allow the native Africans to also produce and have a market share. A committee was formed in early 1940’s chaired by the department of Agriculture of the time which led to the development of the Swynnerton plan of 1948 that recommended the inclusion of Africans in dairy farming.
Senior Research Enterprises Officer.
Senior Research Enterprises Officer job opportunity at the Kenya Dairy Board. The Board is seeking to offer opportunities to qualified professionals who are focused, organised and result oriented in the following positions: Senior Research Enterprises Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Research Enterprises Officer will entail:
- Develop research work plan and Budget
- Undertake market surveys, market intelligence and market research for decision making
- Analysing and process dairy industry data, statistics and generate information for planning and decision making;
- Prepare evidence-based briefings and reports for management and stakeholders;
- Develop research proposals for grant bidding;
- Identify and analyse innovations for implementation by the Board or Dairy Industry;
- Organizing and supporting dairy stakeholders;
- Disseminating technologies and build capacity of stakeholders on milk quality, processing and value addition;
- Identifying and carrying out of research on topical dairy issues; and
- Developing and implementing consumer awareness programmes
Minimum requirements for the Senior Research Enterprises Officer
- Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a comparable position;
- Experience working as a research officer will be mandatory;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Economics, Statistics Agricultural Economics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in computers;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Application accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card are invited from persons qualified for the above positions. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of a least two referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization. The applicant should request their referees to submit their references directly to the undersigned. Application and referees confidential report on the applicant’s suitability for the job should only be submitted online via email on or before midnight of 25th January 2023 to email@example.com addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kenya Dairy Board,
Headquarter Office, NSSF Building, Block “A”,
Eastern Wing 10th Floor P.O Box 30406-00100, NAIROBI