Senior Security Officer at Kenya Dairy Board,
Senior Security Officer at Kenya Dairy Board
Kenya Dairy Board (KDB) is a state corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries established through an Act of Parliament, CAP 336 of the Laws of Kenya. Dairy farming and marketing of dairy products in Kenya goes way back to 1900 when it was in the hands of the colonial settlers. As Africans exerted pressure to have a share in dairy activities at that time, there was need to expand the sector and allow the native Africans to also produce and have a market share. A committee was formed in early 1940’s chaired by the department of Agriculture of the time which led to the development of the Swynnerton plan of 1948 that recommended the inclusion of Africans in dairy farming.
Senior Security Officer
Duties and Responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Interpreting and enforcing the implementation of security policies, procedures and standards as required by the Board;
- Liaising with other security agencies regarding security matters of Board’s properties;
- Conducting due diligence for security service providers;
- Ensuring appropriate security screening of visitors to Board`s offices;
- Coordinating the issuance of access instruments to all staff;
- Analyzing CCTV footage and access control systems, for correlation and reporting of any possible infringements;
- Securing Board’s premises and personnel by patrolling the offices and Board property
- Ensuring security of Board’s property from theft and vandalization and other safety issues
- Responding to emergencies and provide necessary assistant to employees and our clients
- Check the removal and movement of incoming and outgoing equipment and items
- Keep records of items going out or coming into the Board premises as may be necessary
- Ensure all Boards office and property are property locked during the non- working hours.
- Participate in developing, implementing and monitoring security strategies, policies and standards in line with the Board’s mission and vision.
- Participate in carrying out intelligence gathering and investigations as directed by supervisor.
- Diploma in security related studies from a recognized Institution;
- Must have served for a minimum of five (5) years’ experience preferably in the disciplined forces;
- Have with a clean record of discharge from any of the disciplined forces;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Must be able to work long and odd hours;
- Demonstrated competency in work performance; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution;
Application accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card are invited from persons qualified for the above positions. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of a least two referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization. The applicant should request their referees to submit their references directly to the undersigned. Application and referees confidential report on the applicant’s suitability for the job should only be submitted online via email on or before midnight of 25th January 2023 to email@example.com addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kenya Dairy Board,
Headquarter Office, NSSF Building, Block “A”,
Eastern Wing 10th Floor P.O Box 30406-00100, NAIROBI