Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft,
Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services.
Senior Software Engineer
- Working with a team of software engineers and applied scientists you will be responsible for all stages of the development cycle including early ideation, design, implementation, integration, scaling out and monitoring.
- The implementations typically involve writing scalable, distributed, and highly efficient components and shipping large-scale backend services.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements as well as adhering to all the privacy and compliance guidelines in handling critical user data.
- Collaborating with other teams on existing or greenfield projects, driving consensus and coordinating efforts to meet cross-team objectives.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or related fields like Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and algorithm optimizations
- 4+ years of software design and development experience with backend services
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in any object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, Java or Python
- Experience in writing high-performance code, profiling applications, identifying, and removing bottlenecks
- Strong communication and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for learning and ramping up on new technologies and codebases
- Data driven decision making
- BSc in Computer Science or Equivalent