Snr Executive Support Asst at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR),
Snr Executive Support Asst at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Vacant Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Vacant Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Snr Executive Support Asst
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the UNHCR Office thus it’s better able to meet its objectives.
- Arrange appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar. Receive visitors; places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion.
- Arrange meetings, both internal and external, some involving highranking officials, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings.
- Prepare informal translations and may act as interpreter.
- Draft correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential.
- Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain followup system.
- Draft official correspondence, documents and reports on routine matters and/or for clearance by the supervisor and ensure followup. Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy documents.
- Maybe required to assist in Human Resources tasks (attendance record, travel arrangements, preparation of travel authorisation, /claims, etc.) for staff within the unit.
- Assist in the preparation of visit programmes, briefings on issues covered by the Unit, collection of documentation for briefing kits; talking points and other material for missions, meetings and visits.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G5 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration, Secretarial, Office Management, Human Resources, or other related field
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- ITComputer Literacy
- UNUN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
- CODrafting and Documentation
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.