Social Worker Jobs at Save A Girl Save A Generation, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs,
Social Worker Jobs at Save A Girl Save A Generation
Save a Girl Save a generation is an international NGO that works to promote gender equality and advocate against gender violence. Safe in Nairobi is a temporary shelter for women who have undergone through FGM and/or forced marriages or are prone to suffer this custom, and are in danger due to a domestic violence situation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish contact with organizations and institutions that deal with women survivors of FGM and of GBV.
- Be the first contact for these women who need protection and evaluate every case.
- Coordinate the entrance and accommodation of beneficiaries in the shelter with the house manager.
- Create an intervention plan for each beneficiary.
- Follow up the situation of every beneficiary.
- Develop intervention protocols for different scenarios.
- Identify partnerships and coordinate with other institutions that provide psychosocial, legal and medical support.
- Lead informal and formal training for the survivors about FGM.
- Coordinate and update the rest of the team through weekly meetings.
- Identify needs and opportunities.
- Diploma in Social Work.
- At least 2 years of proven experience dealing with GBV.
- Demonstrable experience in other shelters.
- Good contacts and knowledge of partners dealing with GBV.
- Knowledge in Gender Issues and women empowerment.
- Desirable knowledge about FGM and Early Forced Marriages.
- Sensitive, patient and flexible.
- Very proactive, creative and open minded.
- High levels of responsibility, transparency and commitment.
- Share the mission and vision of SGSG and have the same perception of gender equality.
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both oral and written.
- To be able to perform any other duty assigned.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send the CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the role position in the subject of the email, before the 15th July 2022