Special Education Teacher (Intellectual Disability Option) at Ubuntu Life,
Special Education Teacher (Intellectual Disability Option) at Ubuntu Life
The Ubuntu Life mission is ‘Connect to Empower.’â€‹ When we first came to Maai Mahiu, Kenya, we found a community of children with special needs and their mothers being mistreated and secluded. The stigma and lack of understanding surrounding special needs in Kenya means extremely limited access to essential services such as education, affordable healthcare, physical rehabilitation, and vocational training.
Special Education Teacher (Intellectual Disability Option)
Your key responsibilities will be;
- Assess students’ abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs.
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress.
- Monitor children’s behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Help and inspire children to achieve important learning milestones.
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. arts)
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict Prepare students for transition to the next level Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with special needs
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. social office, therapists, health workers and the management) to create holistic intervention plans
- A minimum of diploma in Special Needs and Inclusive Education in intellectual disability or any other related options.
- Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities for a minimum period of 2 years.
- Ability to create IEPs
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- How to Apply Interested candidates to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th january 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.