Specialist Emergency Medicine Job at Nairobi Hospital,
Specialist Emergency Medicine Job at Nairobi Hospital
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodw…
Specialist Emergency Medicine
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Medical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing out-patient emergency medicine patients in order to offer curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out patient assessment, treatment and stabilization, and other specialized procedures to provide curative services in line with established protocols.
- Carry out specialised training of medical officers, nurses, senior registrars and nursing students to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Participate in root cause analysis committees in the event of incidences, complaints and/or poor clinical outcomes to ensure continuous improvement in patient care.
- Participate in continuous medical evaluations in order to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
- Develop and continuously review protocols in emergency medicine in order to enhance clinical management.
- Participate in research activities in emergency medicine in line with set objectives.
- Mentor medical officers in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Medicine in Emergency Medicine from a recognized Institution.
- Diploma in Emergency Medicine or Fellowship in Emergency Medicine.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council with a valid practicing license.
- Basic Life Support training.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support training.
- Minimum of 5 years of practicing experience in Emergency Medicine.
- Ability to carry out phlebotomy, cannulation, resuscitation, intubation, exchange transfusion & UBC among other medical procedures
- Ability to review and manage patients
- Knowledge and ability to classify diseases
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Patient care skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Effective decision making and judgement skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Team working skills
Method of Application
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number,
your current, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 7th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be
contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100