Statistical and Data Analyst Job at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Result of Service
• Effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight;
• Implementation of operational strategies and procedures;
• Project budget management and organization of an optimal cost-recovery system;
• Proper control of project account
• Close monitoring of the sub-recipients and other implementing partners;
• Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing in the Financial Secretariat
Duties and Responsibilities
• The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
• The UN Environment Division of Ecosystem works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and advisory services for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
• This position is located within the Source to Sea Pollution Unit in the Marine and Freshwater Branch under Ecosystems Division. The work of the incumbent includes to:
• Prepare, review and statistically analyse project budgets and revisions (periodic, completion and closure).
• Prepare analytical documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect UNEP Programme of Work.
• Ensure data are accurate and up-to-date and that they are properly reflected in the Annual Financial Statements. This includes regular analysis of cash and receivable balances and review of donor reports.
• Monitor data and compare with approved budgets, prepare adjustments as necessary.
• Prepare budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyze variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
• Verify accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data.
• Prepare periodic reconciliation of project accounts reports
• Review incoming expenditure reports and record expenditure
• Notify payees and Implementing partners on status of payments and investigate complaints of non-receipt
• Track receipt of expected income; Review expenditure reports from executing agencies/implementing partners; Prepare fund documents for budget allocations; Initiate set up of third party banking details for executing agencies; Prepare request for refund for unspent balances; Prepare purchase Orders (POs) and cash advances; and Assist with the monitoring of expenditures to ensure they remain within authorized levels
Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination of two (2) years of experience in the related field may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• 3 years of relevant experience statistics, data analytics or financial management is required;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) with excellent understanding of data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality is desirable.
• Ability to analyze problems and present clear options for solution is an asset.
• Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is desirable;
• Experience in Trust Fund Management and correct understanding of reporting required by UNEP donors will be an asset;
Closing; 9 July 2022
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.