Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Location: Migori and Homa Bay counties, Kenya
No. Required: 52 (21 Migori and 32 Homa Bay)
In 2021, USAID Kenya awarded Abt Associates, the Kenya Vector Control Activity, now renamed PMI Kinga Malaria.
It seeks to build on PMI investments under PMI AIRS and VectorLink.
The purpose of the project is to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, monitor and evaluate critical malaria vector control activities.
This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide treated net (ITN) activities for prevention of malaria in Kenya.
The project has six objectives:
(1) indoor residual spraying and other proven vector control interventions,
(2) entomological monitoring and surveillance,
(3) ITN durability monitoring
(4) data driven decision making to inform strategic deployment of ITNs and IRS,
(5) capacity building of Kenya national malaria program and selected counties and
(6) continuous net distribution system in the community through multiple channels.
In 2023, Abt Associates shall implement IRS in Homa Bay and Migori Counties and in other counties thereafter as determined by USAID Kenya.
In close collaboration with the Division of National Malaria Program (DNMP), Migori and Homa Bay and Migori County governments, PMI Kinga Malaria seeks to recruit professionals in different fields to support in implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in all the Eight sub-counties in Homa Bay county namely; Homa Bay Township (All wards), Rangwe (All wards), Suba South (Ruma Kaksingri East ward only), Suba North (Mfangano island only), Rachuonyo South (All wards), Rachuonyo East (All wards), Ndhiwa (All except Kwabwai ward) and Rachuonyo North (All except Central Karachuonyo, Kibiri and Kanyaluo ward) and Four sub-counties in Migori county namely; Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike.
To oversee the management, receipt, delivery, and inventory control of items for the Operation Site store.
- To oversee daily operations of store and maintain inventory system at proper levels.
- To ensure proper storage and identification of all items in the store.
- Ensure all insecticides units are serialized as required before issuance.
- To inspect commodities received in the Operations store to verify quality and quantity of items delivered.
- To keep track of receipts, records and withdrawals of all IRS related commodities in the operations site store.
- Follow up on supply requests from Warehouse and liaise with the Warehouse Manager to monitor progress.
- Coordinate with the security guard on tracking movement of persons in the stores.
- Ensure proper material and equipment storage to avoid damages and ensure rotation of short shelf-life items.
- Ensure proper storage and accountability of IRS wastes prior to collection.
- Ensures that all mobilization data forms are filed in the relevant file when the SC is out in the field.
- Ensures there is maximum adherence to the COVID 19 mitigation measures by all personnel at the operations site.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in purchasing and supplies Management or Diploma in a relevant field.
- At least 6 months experience working as a store assistant desired.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili, local languages are an added advantage.
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred
- Membership of a recognized Professional Body i.e., either CIPS – UK or KISM would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work for 6 days in a week (Monday to Saturday).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
Migori County Site Stores
Sub County and Operations Sites
- Nyatike – Macalder Sub County Hosp, Nyandago Koweru Dispensary, Wath Onger Health Cenre, Agenga Dispensary, Muhuru Health Centre, Sori Karungu Health Cenre, Alendo Chief’s Camp
- Suna West – Suna Ragana Dispensary, Bondo Dispensary, Arombe Dispensary, Nyamaraga Sub County Hosp, Arombe Chemical Store
- Suna East – Migori County Referral Hosp, Anjego Dispensary, Suna Rabuor Health Centre, Osingo Dispensary
- Uriri – Uriri Sub County Hosp, Othoro Sub County Hosp, Oyani Health Centre, Bware Health Centre, Lela Dispensary
Homa Bay County Site Stores
Sub County and Operations Sites
- Suba North – Sena H/C (Mfangano Island)
- Suba South – Nyatoto Health Cente
- Rachuonyo South – Sino Health Center Koywech Dispensary, Rachuonyo District Hospital, Nyang’iela Sub District Hospital, Ombek Health Center, Rachuonyo District Hospital
- Rachuonyo East – Kakelo (Ober) Chief’s, Othoro SCH, Kabondo SCH, Ringa Chief’s camp
- Homa Bay Township – Nyalkinyi Health Center, County HQ, Marindi, Pala masogo
- Rachuonyo North – Homa Hills Kendu bay Sub-County Hospital, Wagwe Dispensary, Chuthber Dispensary
- Rangwe – Nyagoro Health Center, Rangwe Sub-County hospital, Rariw Dispensary, Ndiru Health centre
- Ndhiwa – Malela HC, Omboo Kachieng Dispensary, Magina HC, Pala Dispensary, Got Kojowi Health, Ndhiwa Sub County, Nguku Dispensary, Okok Dispensar
NB: All positions that involves a worker coming into close contact with insecticides on daily basis will require a medical examination including general body examination and pregnancy tests.
Those with certain medical conditions like chest problems, asthmatic, expectant etc. may be excluded or considered for alternative roles they qualify for.
NB: These positions will be on a short-term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis and those who participated in previous campaigns will have an added advantage. All qualified applicants including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenyajobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line specifying the work location preferred i.e. county and Operations Site e.g. ‘Store keeper-Migori county – Wath Onger Dispensary’ by COB, Monday, October 31, 2022.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies.
Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.