Supplier Collaboration Specialist at Diageo
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Supplier Collaboration Specialist
About the Role
- Procurement Strategy, Ops & Excellence is an integral part of Diageo’s Supply Chain & Procurement. Our Procurement Strategy is enabled by a focus on our people and capabilities, systems, processes and tools, relationship management, Inclusion & Diversity, and Innovation.
- Diageo Global Procurement is accountable for the Procurement of Supply, Marketing, and Indirect categories with an annual spend of circa £7bn. Procurement’s vision is to be the “the most trusted and respected business partner, fuelling growth and value everyday everywhere”
- Diageo’s Procurement function is structured to take advantage of our global scale through a model based on Globally led Category Procurement and Market led Procurement teams. We operate a strong collaboration model between our market and global category teams, where we work together as One Procurement Community. Our model enables a strategy development for defined categories, with the aim to have 80% of spend across Supply, Demand and Indirect categories controlled globally
- Reporting to the Global Head of Supplier Partnership & Diversity, the Global Specialist Supplier Diversity is responsible for supporting the implementation and the expansion of the Value Chain Inclusion & Diversity framework to diversify our supply chain and advance sustainable economic impact in the diverse communities where we source.
The focus of this role is:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the Value Chain Inclusion & Diversity program
- Define plan, activities, risks, interdependencies, communication, governance
- Coordination of the program with multiple partners internally and externally
- Develop, enhance, maintain and embed an inclusive Procurement into the culture of the business, so that is becomes an integral part of the business-as-usual way of working.
- Assess situation, analyse risks, design tactics, implement activities and measure progress
Data & Technology coordination:
- Coordination of data work for audits, reporting, tier 2+ programs, customers supplier diversity, etc.
- Support building and deploying the KPI framework to measure performance; evolution from spend based program to impact on communities, brands, and profit.
- Coordination of supplier diversity technologies, enhancements, and improvements
Supplier Diversity ecosystem management support:
- Internal relevant stakeholder management, advocacy groups, diverse suppliers, relevant peer groups
- Robust benchmark to gain new insights and bring them into the program:
Internal and external
- Performance (quantitative) and practice (qualitative)
- Support Developing and implementing supplier’s development programs and activities
- Working with advocacy organizations, start-ups, academia, suppliers, peer companies and internal & external stakeholders.
To be successful in role you will have experience in Procurement, Innovation, or other relevant roles.
- Data and technology knowledge: well informed about current and future technology solutions and can make recommendations. Understand the importance of data driven decisions and can develop practical data insights.
- Critical thinking: problem-solver: Finds creative solutions to problems and challenges, often while working within constraints. Understand biases. Listens and understand business partners to provide fit for purpose solutions
- Communication: storytelling, asking the right questions, synthesizing messages, active listening
- Experience in navigating complex business structures and multiple cultures & dynamics
- Curious: Objectively challenges established practice to stimulate alternative thinking. Understands the big picture, explores trends and implications to see things differently
- Flexible: quick to adapt approach as the broader context around them changes.
- Resilient: Operates well outside their comfort zone and experiments with untested and unproven ideas