Supply Chain Informatics Advisor at Palladium International,
Supply Chain Informatics Advisor at Palladium International
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Supply Chain Informatics Advisor
You and Your Career:
- If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in Supply Chain Informatics, we are interested in hearing from you.
- We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Supply Chain Informatics Advisor will report to the Senior Technical Advisor, Information Systems with no immediate supervisory obligations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice in the development of large-scale supply chain information systems and digital tools including process definition, best practices and strategic approaches.
- Provide advisory insights and technical leadership in supply chain products’ planning, development and implementation stages as required.
- Product management and engineering support in the design and development of high-capacity supply chain information systems, and mobile applications for the cloud and local environments
- Provide subject matter expert advisory support, and work with the BA/QA team to evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and support the development, implementation and testing of solutions.
- Evaluate planned and existing supply chain digital tools and maintain detailed documentation for all products developed, including planning, user and technical documentation.
- Manage the product backlog in allocated projects, support the product management cycle, and work with the agile teams in activity, product, release and deployment planning.
- Perform DevOps roles including deployment of product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet client needs.
- Development of system and technical architectures and promote overall, comprehensive, and efficient practices.
- As a key member of the agile team, support the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) processes in supporting the development of digital solutions.
Key Competencies Required:
- Ability to perform high level tasks that require critical thinking, strategic planning, and architectural capabilities for enterprise level solutions.
- Good grasp and understanding of supply chain programs
- Adequate experience in systems development using relevant programming languages like Java and Python, and database scripting (SQL, NoSQL, and distributed databases)
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies
- Sound knowledge of cloud-based environments
- Works well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem-solving
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, virtualization technologies, and test environments
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and technical skills
- Knowledge of the trends in the software development domain
- Experience in driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Professional experience directly supporting the development, operations, maintenance, and/or security of mission-critical systems, with experience in supporting medium to large-scale supply chain systems