Technical Support Technician at Poa Internet.
Technical Support Technician at Poa Internet
We believe EVERYONE in the world deserves access to the internet and affordable communications. Communications have an incredibly positive impact on improving the lives of individuals and accelerating the economic and social growth of developing countries; yet 4.4 billion people around the world are still unconnected and many more are poorly serviced.
Technical Support Technician
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Mission Statement for the Role:
- Level 2 in depth troubleshooting and back end analysis with the aim of providing solutions and recommendations for both customer and technical related incidents.
- To address and resolve technical escalations from the contact centre, support field service partners and follow up on network downtimes with the NOC team.
- Individual Contributor
Key SMART Results for A-Player Success
- Ensure all technical issues escalated from L1 teams are resolved within 1 hour with detailed updated respective tickets – End Q4 2023
- Escalate 100% issues and patterns associated with network performance and availability to NOC team for resolution at the end of every 8-hour shift (E.g. sector load / performance issues) – End Q4 2023
- Ensure that all escalated issues with common problems & root causes are identified and proposed resolutions communicated with NOC / L1 within 1 hour – End Q4 2023
- All customer complaints that can be resolved on FCR are identified and shared to Technical Operations Manager, at the end of every 8-hour shift, for training of L1 team – End Q4 2023
- Address all technical issues escalated in regard to installation and field support by service partners within 10 minutes during working hours – End Q4 2023
- Support in the creation, management and adherence of detailed departmental documentation and processes – End Q4 2023
Department stage of development where this role sits
Key Competencies (H, M, L)
- Have knowledge of routing and switching protocols, IT Systems, Radio Frequency – H
- Results oriented with a track record of working in high pressure Business to Consumer (B2C) Technical Support environment – H
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and conflict resolution skills – H
- Customer focused with strong analytical, troubleshooting & problem-solving skills – H
- Have experience using CRM and remote support tools, with demonstrated end to end ownership of escalated customer issues – H
- Has experience working within a fast-paced high pressure L2 support environment in the Telecommunications sector for at least 2 years – H
- The ability to communicate technical information in an accessible manner to non-technical employees – H
Mandatory Criteria if Any with no exceptions to hire
- Must have worked in a Business to Consumer (B2C) Technical Support team in the Telecommunications sector for 2+ years