Technology Transfer and Commercialization Research Fellow at African Centre for Technology Studies,
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / View Jobs at African Centre for Technology Studies
Our Vision Knowledge for better livelihoods. Our Mission To strengthen the capacity and policies of African countries and institutions to harness science, technology and innovation for sustainable development. Our Value Proposition To conduct high quality research, policy analysis, capacity strengthening and outreach on applications of science, technology
Technology Transfer and Commercialization Research Fellow
- Spearheading the design and execution of strategies to promote and advance commercialization processes within educational and research institutions.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize opportunities for entrepreneurial development and growth.
- Providing counsel and support to institutional partners on effective commercialization practices, funding mechanisms, and market penetration strategies.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with government agencies, industry leaders, and other relevant institutions to foster partnerships and maximize the impact of the entrepreneurial framework program.
- Playing a crucial role in the assessment and selection of potential projects and ventures with high market potential, ensuring they align with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress and outcomes of the institutional entrepreneurial frameworks to identify areas for improvement and facilitate continuous growth.
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends and developments in the innovation, academic, and entrepreneurship fields to stay ahead of the curve and provide informed guidance.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, project management, entrepreneurship, technology transfer)
- A master’s in project planning and/or PMP certification is required.
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to translate vision into actionable plans.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role, preferably in the field of entrepreneurship, innovation, or higher education.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Kenyan entrepreneurial ecosystem with an emphasis on Kenyan universities and research centers.
- Strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, especially within the academic and research sectors
- Previous engagement with the key stakeholders in the Kenya innovation ecosystem and experience organizing a national innovation and entrepreneurial conference in Kenya.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders, including institutional leaders, industry partners, and government agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the aptitude to engage and influence diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and project management tools.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for Applications is close of business (cob) Friday 28th July 2023
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation