Theatre Assistant at Avenue Healthcare,
Theatre Assistant at Avenue Healthcare
Avenue Hospital was founded in 1995 for the purpose of managing the outpatient department at the Hospital, and to extend medical services to corporate clientele through an innovative concept of Managed Healthcare.
To assist Theatre Technicians, Nurses, Surgeons and Anesthetists in recovery room, CSSD , Post Anesthesia Care Unit and Operating room.
- Dealing with Patients
- Assist with the transfer of patients to theatre in time for operation
- Ensure patients safety in a clean and tidy environment
- Communicates courteously and professionally
- Maintain client and patient privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Infection Control & Theatre Cleanliness
- Ensure proper cleaning and disinfection of the theatres after every procedure
- Ensure proper waste segregation and disposal and waste management per the Infection Prevention Control (IPC) manual
- Sluice soiled linen and maintain a linen stock count register.
- General Theatre Assistance
- Acts as a runner and provides necessary support to the operating room team
- Autoclaving, sterilization and packing of instruments
- Scrubbing for cases
- Assisting in surgery
- Collaborate with the shift leader/nurse in-charge to ensure that the unit has the necessary equipment/resources and in good working condition.
- Record and report all sentinel incidents/events within 24 hours using the provided tools.
- Prevention of clinical errors by accurate recording of vital signs, correct patient identification, proper filling of patient charts and report abnormal findings to the nurse on duty
- Participate in emergency response
- Assist in restraining violent patients eg. ECT patients
- Participate in the ward handover exercise of patients in PACu.
- Client satisfaction (patient, consultants and others )- ensure client satisfaction through quality of care, communication, feedback and escalation to the nurse/nurse in charge
- Assist in transporting bodies to the morgue when called upon
- Any other duty as assigned by your immediate supervisor in line with the job description
- Certificate in Patient Attendant
- Proper infection control
- Compliant waste disposal management
- 1 year experience
- Attention to details and reliable
- Have organization skills
- Is a team player
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 27th January 2023