POSITION: Trade Finance Officer
REPORTING TO: Head of Finance / Senior Trade Finance Officer
Our client who is an Oil Marketing Company licensed to undertake the businesses of Importation, Wholesale & Exportation of Petroleum Products is looking to fill the position of Trade Finance Officer.
The Trade Finance Officer is responsible for Stakeholder Management at the following levels:
- Front Office
- Middle Office
- Legal/ Contracts
- Finance Department
- Financial Institutions
- Suppliers/ Agents
- Clients/ Customers
The Trade Finance Officer will be expected to work at the KPL Office in Nairobi where domestic and international business travel may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handling of LCs or Bank guarantees for Sales/Purchases including drafting LC wordings and ensuring security received is cashable.
- Preparation and dispatch of Invoice and shipping document for presentation under LC in a timely manner.
- Analyzing the LC cost for each trade before placing a deal.
- Tracking all the LC-related matters.
- Recording all the collateral in Aspect.
- Recording all the LC-related costs in Aspect.
- Daily monitoring TF Report.
- Reporting and follow-up unpaid/un-invoiced trades.
- Daily Preparation of cash flow for physical trading.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field of study.
- Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Banking, Fintech, or Oil and Gas commodity trading company.
- Attention and Enjoyment to/in detail.
- Quick adaptation to new concepts.
- Clear, precise, and concise business communication (written & oral)
- Leadership experience in change management.
- Innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Decision-making and strategic Mindset.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Resourceful, strong time management and planning.
- Drives Results.
To apply, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our ATS ats.flexi-personnel.com at by 1st November 2022 under the TRADE FINANCE OFFICER job posting.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.