UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns,
UNFPA Kenya is Looking For Communications Interns
Jobs in General, Jobs at United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives.
- The Communications Intern will support the Country Office in the areas of communications including working with programme staff in the communication and promotion of UNFPA’s work in Kenya. The Communications Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Communications Specialist UNFPA Kenya.
- A work-plan with achievements for the duration of the Internship and learning opportunities will be agreed upon. Periodic progress meetings will lead to a beneficial environment for the Intern enhancing her/his skills and capacity in areas related to UNFPA’s mandate and OSQA/PD.
- Supporting day-to-day communications tasks while ensuring that the UNFPA’s brand is adhered to and represented effectively.
- Support in producing a variety of communication assets including e-newsletters, website articles, brochures, short videos.
- Monitoring social media and digital news sources to generate periodic reports
- Planning social media calendars and creating social media posts.
- Support planning and logistics for external events such as report launches, conferences, workshops, and other activities organized by the team.
- Updating the country office Multimedia folder with new image and video assets.
- Performing other related duties, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants to UNFPA’s internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in communications, journalism, marketing or related fields.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related fields; and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Some experience in working with development agencies, including in volunteer capacity.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Some design skills and experience with tools such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds.