Vacancies at Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI,
Vacancies at Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
Statistics, Computer Science Intern
Vacancy No. CGHR/303/07/22
- Bachelor of Science degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any related field from a recognized institution
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Be below thirty (30) years of age
Terms of Engagement:
Appointment in the Internship program will be for a period of one year. The successful candidate (s) will be paid a monthly stipend of Kshs. 25,000 without any other benefits. Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical insurance cover for the period of internship
Vacancy No. CGHR/301/07/22
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences Public Health, Community Health, Education or any other Social Studies from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years working experience in a large research project or academic organization as an administrator/coordinator.
- Experience in conducting trainings and working closely with Ministry of Health
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data management and analysis
- Good command of English and Kiswahili, both spoken and written
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to transcribe FGD discussions
- High level of attention to detail in data management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Research Administrator’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Organizing and supervising the implementation of all field activities
- Serving as a link between field work and the investigative team, managing information on study status and deliverables
- Developing and designing local training and capacity building in collaboration with the study investigators
- Drafting, editing and preparing correspondences, reports and other project related materials
- Under minimal direction, coordinating a wide range of research procedures and conducting a variety of complex tasks determined by the field and scope of the study
Terms of Employment:
Employment will be on one-year renewable terms (with 3 months’ probation period) depending on availability of funds. Salary is as per the stated salary grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application indicating vacancy number
- Current Resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts.
- Application letter should be addressed to the
P. O. Box 1578 – 40100.
The subject in the email header should be the vacancy number