Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Core Network Manager
Location: Gateway Park
Employment Status / Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Network Maintenance Manager
Manages Others: Yes
Job Purpose / Summary: As a Network Manager for the Core Network you will be primarily responsible for planning, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Wananchi’s multiservice network infrastructure.
You will be the main escalation point for operational issues will be responsible for the keeping the core networkperformance within the stipulated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
You will also be required to be a mentor to less experienced staff and deal with issues escalated from other members of the team and other departments.
- Diagnose and resolve faults on the core network devices such as OLTs, CMTS, routers, switches, firewalls,bandwidth managers and cache appliances
- Provide root-cause analysis for operational problems to ensure the cause of network faults is properly identified and the correct steps are taken to eliminate re-occurrence of the same problem.
- Ensure the core network performance and availability is within the stipulated Key Performance
- Produce network designs to meet tactical and commercial expectations
- Ensure key network performance parameters are monitored by the NOC and propose
improvements inmonitoring to accurately measure the overall performance of the network
- Liaise with third-party vendors in the resolution of network equipment faults
- Handle second or third level escalations from the NOC or from other team members
- Act as the lead for projects in the core network
- Liaise with OSS and BSS teams to ensure optimal machine-to-machine interaction with the core
- Participate in the core network planning and budget process to ensure proper capacity to meet
customer andcommercial expectations
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the company is using the best of class technologies to meet its objectives
- Co-ordinate the activities of other core network engineers to ensure timely resolution of faults and
delivery of projects
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Telecoms or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience, two of which will be in a Service Provider environment
- Must hold expert level Cisco or Juniper certifications (CCNP/JNCIS / JNCIS)-Advanced
knowledge of BGP, MPLS,Multicast and IGPs both in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper high-end routers
- Advanced knowledge of optical transmission systems such as GPON, SDH / DWDM and Carrier
- Advanced knowledge of CMTS & DOCSIS
- Advanced knowledge of CATV, GPON TV & Multicast
- Advanced knowledge of Bandwidth Management systems
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with operational support of large hybrid network.
- Strong Unix skills.
- Excellent and in-depth knowledge of L2 switching, L3 routing
- Advanced knowledge of DDoS mitigation technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Internet cache systems
- Experience in leading a technical team
- Ability to lead a Team, training & motivation
- Ability to present and articulate technical issues to non-technical staff
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 24th October 2022.
The subject line should read Core Network Manager.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.