World Food Programme Hiring,
World Food Programme Hiring
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
Programme Policy Officer P3
To design and manage programmes of moderate size or complexity that effectively meet food assistance needs, or contribute to policy formulation and/or provide technical advice or oversight on programme strategy and implementation. The role will also lead at the field level in articulating, defining, and ensuring WFP’s space and mandate is delivered as the operations shift from a pure refugee camp operation to a settlement approach as enshrined in the new refugee act of 2021.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to formulation of WFP-wide programme policies in line with both organisational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field; or translate programme policy into Regional/Country level practices. Developing programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ and field operations.
- Provide advice and support to COs on moderately complex issues to clarify ambiguities and ensure that policy and programme operations are consistent with WFP policies, Executive Board decisions, and other relevant guidance.
- Provide technical advice or mobilise technical expertise on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist counterparts in governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of moderately complex food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at national and sub-national levels.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work.
- Enhance WFP’s leadership status in forums relating to area of specialism, for example food security, nutrition, livelihoods, resilience or engagement in humanitarian, transition and development contexts through direct participation, briefings, information products and other materials.
- Manage operational research and evidence building on issues relevant to food assistance.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal or external use.
- Contribute to resources mobilisations efforts for WFP projects, including clearly articulating the need for food assistance and related programme opportunities, and follow up on the resource situation of projects including commodity and cash availability, seeking advice from senior colleagues where necessary.
- Advice and support the development of functional training in areas of expertise to enhance the capacity of WFP staff and partner to design and deliver effective food assistance programmes.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of staff to enable high performance.
- Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for achievement of set objectives within a moderate budget.
- Contribute to Country Office Emergency Preparedness i.e. early warning, risk analysis, and contingency planning in order to respond to humanitarian crises and needs.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Application Deadline: 17th October 2022.
Human Resources Assistant SC5
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide support on the recruitment actions to ensure consistent, high quality, timely implementation of the approved recruitments.
- Provide active support in communicating with the applicants (internal/external candidates) about the vacancy announcement, until the recruitment is completed.
- Provide full administrative support with the ongoing recruitment processes (scheduling tests or interviews, preparing minutes, and following up on approvals).
- Provide active support with longlisting candidates for open Vacancy Announcements under the close supervision of the respective tract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements to support analysis, and reporting needs.
- Provide administrative support in on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases, and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines ensuring the e-recruitment system is fully leveraged and contains updated information.
- Support with any other HR administrative task as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A university degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a Human Resource administration or support role in a multicultural environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English: ability to produce excellent quality documents and reports.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good understanding of key HR principles and talent acquisition best practices including CV screening, candidate engagement, scheduling assessments with candidates, interviewing, onboarding.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to operate in an international, multicultural environment.
- Ability to create trust with team/employees and deal with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain HR trackers with a high level of detail orientation.
- Proficient user of Applicant Tracking Systems (e.g. SuccessFactors, Taleo, etc.).
- Proficient user of MS Office, including SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong drive and motivation.
- Flexible attitude towards shifting tasks and responsibilities.
Application Deadline: 11th October 2022.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.